Tuesday, January 1, 2013

alan belcher tattoo


If you guys want me to do like a 10 question Q&A with the new Canadian UFC President for the FOM Canada edition I can try and track him (Tom Wright) down. He lives in my home town here in Canada–Toronto. thanks,JD

While Belcher is a very diverse and well rounded fighter in the cage, he also has a diverse and eclectic background when it comes to musical talent. Belcher plays a wide variety of instruments and dabbles in some recreational singing to calm himself down in between tough training for fights. “I play the guitar and sing, play the drums and I have a piano–I play a bit of everything”, notes Belecher on his varied musical skills. “I just do it for fun. I do it to relax myself and get my mind of everything.”

What was supposed to be a monumental night for Alan Belcher at UFC 100, filled with celebration and grandeur, turned out to be more of a grand illusion thanks to the gross incompetence of the judges. Belcher’s controversial split-decision loss to then-UFC newcomer Yoshihiro Akiyama still leaves a sour taste in the mouth of many who recall Bruce Buffer’s reading of the scorecards. That sweaty July night, although only three years ago, feels like an eternity ago when you consider all that the Biloxi, Mississippi native has endured over the past few years. From that memorable fight to unforeseeable medical threats and his surge to the top of the middleweight division, the burden-laden path has proved Belcher both remarkable and resilient.





No comments:

Post a Comment